Fast Food: Nacho Beans
Lazy weeknight dinners are nacho enemy! Get ready to make this dish in 10 minutes flat, and impress the toughest of food critics, or relive your most nostalgic childhood memories.
Since when did nachos have to be on the “cheat-meal” list? Topped with loads of fresh vegetables, and with the option of a vegan-friendly version, this fast-food Friday option will soon become your weeknight staple!
We love using up our leftover fridge vegetables to boost the nutrients in this no-fuss dinner!
Fast food Friday: Nacho Beans
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 tin mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 300g lean beef mince (or for a vegan version, add another tin of mixed beans)
- 1 tin organic crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bunch coriander or mint, washed & roughly chopped
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 packet corn ships (we choose a variety with zero flavorings)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a large fry pan, heat coconut oil over a medium-high heat. Add in smoked paprika and cumin and cook off for 20 seconds until fragrant. Add in mince and cook off until browned. (if you are cooking a vegan version, skip this step).
- Add in the crushed tomatoes and beans and bring to a light simmer. Once simmering, add vinegar, coconut sugar and salt. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, place your corn chips on a large plate or platter and create space in the center for your bean mixture.
- Add half of your fresh herbs to the bean mixture and quickly combine. Transfer the bean mixture to the space left on the corn chip plate.
- Top with freshly cut cherry tomatoes, avocado, herbs, lime and serve!
KITCHEN TIP: We love adding extra vegetables to our bean mixture to reduce waste! Try adding things like diced carrot or zucchini, spinach, or any leftover herbs.