Hormone Balancing; Pan-Roasted Halibut
We love a delicious meal that has added health benefits! One of the things that’s fantastic about working with Nutritionists, is that they know how to develop a recipe that not only packs a punch with flavour, but also with it’s nutritional value and function.
Some of the properties in foods can be surprising. From providing liver support to cancer fighting antioxidants, the benefit of eating fresh, functional food goes beyond the yum factor.
Here our friend, London Nutritionist Angelique Panagos, shares one of her favourite, functional recipes for you to try!
Pan-Roasted Halibut with Artichokes and Broccoli
Firm, meaty halibut works well with all sorts of flavors. I love roasting it in one pan with two detoxifying wonders – Artichokes and Broccoli – for the perfect hormone-balancing dish.
- 300g (10 1/2 oz) tenderstem broccoli
- 360g (12 1/4 oz)halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- a handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
FOR THE ARTICHOKES
- 1 x 400g (14oz) BPA-free tin of artichoke hearts, drained and halved.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
- Arrange the artichokes in an ovenproof pan with the garlic. Drizzle over a splash of oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10mins.
- Remove the pan from the oven, add the broccoli and halibut fillets and scatter the capers into the pan. Season well, then lay the lemon slices over the halibut and drizzle everything with a splash of oil.
- Spoon any juices over the fish and broccoli before returning the pan to the oven. Bake for a further 15mins or until the fish is opaque and cooked through.
- Before serving, sprinkle over the parsley, tarragon, and chives.
- Serve with a mixed her salad or some cauliflower mash – recipes for which can be found in The Balance Plan
This is an Exclusive recipe from The Balance Plan
Angelique is a London Nutritionist who’s mission is to help people live a healthier life, filled with energy and free from painful symptoms.
Angelique’s nutrition journey started when she began suffering from eating disorders and then developed autoimmune hypothyroidism; was diagnosed with PCOS, and had many digestive complaints. Her health issues were the reason she became a qualified nutritionist and became focussed on helping others.