Tandoori Tempeh Wraps
Simon Hill is the Founder of Plant Proof, a resource for a strong, lean and conscious plant based and vegan lifestyle, including the Plant Proof Podcast. This podcast has inspired, impacted and reached millions of people. During this series he speaks to like-minded people about common fears among men and women transitioning from animal foods.
Simon shares his personal experience with living plant-based and his wealth of knowledge on staying healthy as well as delicious recipes!
- PREP TIME15 MINUTES
- COOKTIME50 MINUTES
- 300 g (1 block) chickpea and linseed tempeh (Tandoori Tempeh)
- 3 tbsp tandoori paste (Tandoori Tempeh)
- 3 tbsp coconut yoghurt (Tandoori Tempeh)
- 1 cup fresh mint (Coconut & Mint Raita)
- 3 tbsp coconut yoghurt (Coconut & Mint Raita)
- Zest of 1 lime (Coconut & Mint Raita)
- Pinch ground cumin (Coconut & Mint Raita)
- Salt and pepper to taste (Coconut & Mint Raita)
- 1 carrot grated (Carrot Salad)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (Carrot Salad)
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds (Carrot Salad)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (Carrot Salad)
- 1/2 lemon juice (Carrot Salad)
- Small handful of sultanas (Carrot Salad)
- Mix together tandoori paste and yoghurt into a bowl.
- Place a whole block of tempeh into the marinade and coat evenly. Marinade for 1⁄2 hour.
- Heat oven to a moderate temperature and line with baking paper.
- Place tempeh in a baking dish and drizzle with a tad of olive oil.
- Bake for roughly 1⁄2 hour or until it forms a golden crust.
- Slice tempeh lengthways.
- Finely chop mint then mix all coconut & mint raita ingredients into a bowl until combined.
- In a bowl mix together carrot and sultanas.
- Heat a heavy based frypan toast mustard seeds until they pop. Remove from the heat and add oil and turmeric.
- Pour hot spice mix over the carrot then squeeze 1/2 a lemon over the top. Add a pinch of salt. Mix all salad ingredients together.
- Serve with; Chutney and pickle of choice, sliced fresh chilli fresh mint leaves.
- Layer chapatis or flatbreads of your choice with carrot salad, tempeh, raita and chutney then top with fresh mint and sliced chilli.